Thursday, September 1, 2011

10 Things You Might Not Know.....

Okay so that's a little misleading, because most of you (most of you campaigners) have never met me or communicated with me on a regular basis. But as a get to know you game (because really name games don't work on blogs....they just don't.) So in no particular order here goes ten random things about me, Gretchen Schreiber.

10. I can do a thumbs up with my toes (yes there is a 90 degree angle created between my big toe and the other toes)

9. At one point (like college freshman year) I wanted to be a pediatric oncologist.

8. Number 9 did NOT happen and I am currently getting my masters in film at a kick ass school (yes I am accepting film rights...but be warned I have no money with which to pay you for them. So we'll need to do a Stephen King.)

7. I feel I should mention this, but if something I write seems off it might be sarcasm....actually it's probably sarcasm....

6. The scariest thing I've ever done was throw a book at a doctor's head....yes, I hit him...it was a high fantasy book....I apologized A LOT.

5. I watch way more reality TV shows than I should.

4. I grew up in a state where the only thing that can catch the horizon is the plains....this is a place also known as Kansas. I kinda like it there.

3. Research intrigues me, especially in subjects like war and fairytales....both of which I've written/am writing about.

2. I have a basket that looks like a duck and it holds my favorite writing block solver, a toy called "tangle." Basically, you can twist turn pull through and it never tangles.

1. I drink Pepsi out of my Santa Clause Coke glasses.


There you have it folks, ten random things from my life. Also bonus fact, I seem to love the ellipsis...

Also, Dystopian people I feel we should talk, or do something....cause we're in a group....and you all seem awesome (also you campaigners in general are awesome)....yeah.

10 comments:

  1. All true? Nothing but the true? I'm inspired. Maybe I will write a post with 5 things...

    Every Savage Can Reproduce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gretchen!

    Thank you for coming and visiting my blog. I live in Kansas too! Ellipses are your friend.

    Also, I would love to have the Dystopian group have a chat or something... I have no idea what or how though lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gretchen! Your #6 almost made me GOL (gasp out loud - yes, I just made that one up). A high fantasy book sounds heavy! ;)

    And speaking of how awesome we are, I'm also in your Post-Apoc/Dystopian group. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enid--yes they are ALL true.

    KT--I'm always surprised/happy to meet people who live in Kansas. Which I know sounds weird, but I've been out of the state for the past four years so hearing from another Kansan is always welcome. :D

    We will think of something, we just need like a email list of everyone.......hmmmmm....

    Jessia: It's was....hence the apologizing....luckily it was paper back. We are awesome, cause we think of ways to end the world and then rebuild it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally cracked up at #1, especially since I'm a total Pepsi freak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 'Sup fellow Dystopian campaigner! Dropping in to say hi and also, I would have paid good money to see you bean a Dr in the head with that high fantasy book. :P I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your Masters in Film. That sounds like a lot of fun and very interesting too.

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gretchen! I'm in your dystopian group. Just stopped in to say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you throw the book on purpose?

    I watch way too much TV.

    I love to do research for my stories!

    Fellow campaigner here - we're in the same dystopian fiction group. I write just about everything - from PBs on up to adults. Looking forward to getting better acquainted!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm in your dystopian group too and I wanted to stop by! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reality TV FTW!! There's nothing better. I am also double-jointed in my hands. It's freaky.

    And heck yes, we dystopian people should do something!! Want to collaborate? Email me: elanajohnson (at) gmail (dot) com.

    ReplyDelete